I know that there have been many ups and downs of moving here, but one of the constant ups is being able to go to Church and hear a sermon from someone who you can see and understand. It truly helps you empathize with people who have never heard a sermon in their own language. I mean, it's a real treat to be able to do so much in your own language! Though Ty was saying the other day that he still doesn't feel comfortable talking while passing people, cause they can actually understand! haha
But that wasn't the point of writing here ;) After mum and dad shared this morning, Pastor Jim did a devotional (longish ;) hehe, I love it when people branch away from this time oriented society ;)) on servant hood. Yes there were some tears as God had laid this sermon on his heart and I don't think I was the only one who was touched. Anywho, he was talking about how we take communion, we - in short- are agreeing to take the same cup as Christ; that of suffering and sacrifice. And really, before we agree to taking it, can and will we agree, in front of Christ, that we are willing to be hurt, persecuted, teased, pained and stressed (to sum up the list quickly ;)). That got me thinking. Was I really? Sure I say that life hasn't always been easy, but it certainly hasn't been painstaking. Have I suffered? Not really. Am I willing? Really, am I willing? Like, if something horrid happened, would I say "Well, I said I was willing, so thank you Lord."? Am I willing to take the cup that is full of pain and disgrace beyond what any human can bare? Well, with God's grace I can say, yes.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I completely agree with you about listening to sermons! Oy! It has got to be one of the greatest things to just be able to sit and listen to God's Living Word being expounded in your own mother tongue. I mean, I still enjoy it other languages, but I'm so hungry for it in the language so much more personal to me.
What a beautiful devotional--my compliments to Pst. Jim. ;) Servanthood is so important to the faith, for we are not some miselie maid or butler who can quit or gets fired, but we are His BOND-servants, forever bound to Him, His mark forever carried with us in His Spirit.
I often as myself how far would I be willing to go? I admit during this time of transition, the question hangs even more heavily--where will my loyalties truly lie? Am I willing to put my self-image, my comfort, my life on an altar of love for Christ? Like you, it is only by God's grace that I could say yes, because I know I have no strength to do it of myself.
God help me!
Thanks for the devo, IHH guru. ^_^
Post a Comment