Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Winding Will

Pure inspired unedited poetry from my heart.

God’s will is like a winding road

The Author knows the way,

The driver might be clueless

Which in all honesty, is OK.

Are the speed bumps to slow down,

Or am I supposed to stop altogether?

The journey seems much longer

In life’s spiritual stormy weather.

So I approach a turn in the road

A simple one to be sure

But what lies around the corner

The waiting is torture.

Trees on either corner,

No others on the road.

I brace myself for what’s to come

My burdens bestowed.

The corner holds nothing new

Relief upon my breath,

Yet I see upcoming traffic

My emotions in sudden death.

I’m not prepared for battle,

Is this what He really wants for me?

Can’t I go straight like that guy?

Whose life is so easy?

I swerve and avoid the pot holes,

The dips that life can bring

I start the uphill trek

My soul sinks despairingly.

The top now just in sight!

Oh how my life seems suddenly bright

Funny how when I see the top

God’s will for my life is “right”.

But what’s this, a detour?

You mean, He wants me to do more?

Wait a second buster.

My heart just got off the floor!

I can’t believe He’s bringing me here

I pout and shout and sigh

I thought His will was perfect,

In tune with Yours and mine.

Alas another corner,

More dismal, more bland

But light is coming from around the corner

One single strand.

I slam upon the brakes,

As the Son blinds my eyes.

There He lays upon the cross

His rays across the skies.

All of a sudden I see again,

See the road plan from His eyes.

Unlike last time, it’s not all twisted

But leading to a prize.

For what I see from above,

I before thought was all for pain.

But the cause for which I suffered

Was really, all for gain.

2 comments:

Cason Anderson said...

Good stuff! ^_^

Lisa Ens said...

Wow. You are truly talented my dear. That was powerful.