Thank you immensely to anyone who prayed for me. And, I suppose I should clue you in on a couple things ;)
First of all I was asking you (though you didn't know it) to pray about a job situation. I DID have a job at a pizza place but they were only giving me 6 hours/week, so I was deciding whether to quit the job, or carry on. Something not to fun when you hate telling people "no." After a very long and peaceful walk, I decided to quit that job. Yes, the boss was ok with it (since I had only been there twice! And once they sent me home early cause of electricity cuts...funny that.) and what to do you know, as soon as I came home, there was an email for me requesting an interview.
So, now I have another job ;) I am working at "Great Mountain Centre" at the creamery which is like giving out ice cream (and I get a cute little pink outfit! ha, she said I didn't have to wear it if I didn't want to, but hey, free clothes that are cute! SHA!!")
I was also deciding whether or not to go and work at our Church Camp this summer. But have decided against that and will instead, take this job and attempt to sell pies over the summer (so if you are in the area give me a shout out! I am trying to figure out prices etc right now).
To be completely honest, even though emotions have been "stabilizing" over the past couple of weeks, there are still days when I really really hate transitioning. To get to the point when you have accepted where you are, but still hate the fact that if you make friends, you will have to leave them in 6 weeks. Not like I'm not trying to make friends, but very few people can meet someone else, call them and become fast friends within 3 months while separated by distance, money, time and no drivers licences ;) So please keep on praying for that.
Changing my thinking here ;P
I was thinking last night after listening to John 4 about Jesus at the well. And how the people of the town believed the woman at the well and believed in Jesus just because of her testimony. They searched after Jesus just because of what had happened to her. You can probably see where I'm going with this ;) How can we be examples for Christ in the same way, so that when people see and hear about what Christ has done for us, they believe simply because of our transformation.
I've had other bloggy type things to say recently....just that they've all been happening at midnight as I'm laying in bed and too lazy to start up my 5 year old clonker. That, and who knows if they are sane thoughts at all..after 10 pm. Like now.
Oh, for any of you that wanted to know the inside joke (Kara. lol). It was just that I was talking to Cason one day and we were talking about praying, and how I needed to do it more. Then I was procrastinating and said randomly "my feet are cold." and he said "well if you get down on your knees and pray, I'm sure they will warm up."
So, I'm off to warm the feet :)
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment