I'm in a story writing/analogy mood, bare with me ;)
The journey is long and the road narrow. Trees line the path and others pass - nodding as they go on their way. I make my way up the hill, breathing steadily as the wind works against me. Going there was easy, I think, but coming back is so much harder. Although I consider stopping, thinking it's not worth the pain. But somehow I keep going, knowing that at the end, the pain makes the reward so much more worth it. And that at home, once I've finally made it there, what I did made me stronger.
So whether I am talking about going that extra mile physically, or spiritually, know that when you arrive "home" (Home is so relative, I'm just going to say heave for now) it will all be worth the pain. The uphills make you stronger, and the wind builds character (and a little sweat ;)).
The next topic that was on my mind as I was literally roller blading uphill with the wind against me, was waiting. I am waiting for several things right now (much like everyone who is my age. Notice to anyone who has some free praying time - pray for anyone between the ages of 17 and 23...we're a confused bunch and without your prayers we could make a lot of crappy decisions based on impulse. So we could use some guidance and prayer ;)). Waiting on God really. Waiting to see where I'm supposed to go in life. Waiting to see where (or if) I will work this summer. And really, does anyone LIKE to wait? I mean, who goes to an amusement park, sees that the wait time is 2 hours and is sincerely happy?! Only someone who is incredibly scared of roller coasters! Or say you have some really important news for someone and they say "Just wait." You immediately feel anxious! So when God says to wait, gosh, waiting is not my strong suit! I'll let you know when the waitings over.
As a little side note ;) I feel it is due time that you all know that our little Lisa will be wearing a white dress very soon. Oh, and her left hand is a little heavier than it used to be. :D I'm sure she'll give you more details once they get internet figured out at their place. I'm sure more information will be coming along as the time draws nearer, but congrats Lisa :) You know that we are SO happy for you :D And it's nice to hear you giggling again :P
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment