Thursday, May 22, 2008

Transition

As all of you know, I turned 18 today. And as a gift, Lisa and the rest of the family took me to Canada's Wonderland! :O My first there, and it was truly amazing, even though the weather was a bit nippy. Even though the day was amazing, the company incomparable and the rides unforgettable, I missed one thing; home.

To think that in this place so vast
A county so widespread
Of people, places, languages
I feel so distant, and outcast
No, it's not that I feel rejected
Nor that I can't fit in
It's just that I'm drifting you see
In a sea of uncertainty.
Although we have a house, shelter, food
My life has no routine
No standard, no "cruise"
I'm stuck in in between.
Transition isn't something you know
Unless you've done it many times
For even if you feel accepted
You are scared, and compromised
You want to appear the norm
Yet something screams "don't try"
You don't belong here
Don't you see the notes? The signs?
Life's not pointing in any direction
And change is ongoing
You want to stop the train
And yell "I'm no longer moving!"
But funny how this life of ours
We think is ours to control
For who is the headmaster
Of this train that's on a roll?
I suppose I sometimes forget
That life itself is changing
And not just location or people
But heart and souls combining...
For when I look at earth
And see the distances so great
Yet I cry and try to surrender
And make clean a new slate,
But the earth is only so round
And the distances only so far
How can we consider moving "transition"
When from Heaven's view we're next door?
But I suppose there is a Heavenly view point
Where transition makes life not hard
But only emphasis' the opportunity
To start anew and gain new ground.

2 comments:

L.Bo Marie said...

oh man.. I'm two minutes past your birthday!!!
HAPPY HAPPY DAY Beth!

K said...

beautiful poem, mah deara.

*cough* I don't mind email type comments instead of comments. In fact... I LOVE THEM!!! AHHHH! XD O! And if you like didn't highlight my blog while reading, there are *cough* a couple white text areas >_> haha...so NSA like.

Yes, mam! ( o_0 is that how you spell "mam"? hrmm...) But yeah the Navi is definitely run like the Navy. U_U HA keeps it in tip top shape. but LOL! Did you see the Edges song? The first verse?! I LOVED THAT. *cough* I can't wait to see if HA loved it... ;)