Sunday, October 5, 2008

Large wave, large stomaches, large bliss

I have a very valid excuse as to why I have not been writing. Really, I do. One, I didn't have a computer for the last 5 days. Two, I couldn't bring a computer because it had the possibility of getting wet and three I was on a raft for 5 days. Yes, that's right, I've been on a raft. You know those large rubber tubes that people sit on and go through waves with the potential of getting flipped and paralysed for the rest of their lives for fun -those. AND I did it by choice! :O

Ya, so I decided to specialize in rafting, which was an amazing decision on my part (Ok, so I buckle to peer pressure and good food, but well worth it!). We left Tuesday morning and after a long drive (car things do not just happen overseas; trailer light electrical thingy-me-bobbers broken, hour long conversation with funeral home owners, burning brake pads and missing food coolers all within 4 hours- I think anywhere I go there will be an exciting road trip lol) we arrived at the dock and got our boats in the river. There were only 4 of us students and then 4 staff so we only had 2 boats (paddle boat and gear boat). Anywho, we ended up doing the first hour in the dark to get to our campsite, which was actually really fun and terrifying at the same time. The next couple days went by so fast. We covered rapids up to class IV (there are VI classes), did cliff jumping (videos to go on facebook in the next little while ;)), ate a ton of good food (suger cookies and stakes on the river? Yes mam!) All in all, it was a really cool trip.

We are only in Montana for another week and a half. The time here has flown by so incredibly fast, and even though I am looking back to being back in Three Hills (mostly cause I get to see my family again!) I am somewhat nervous as to what it will be like. Kind of feels like starting collge all over again, just with more friends this time. But, it is church time...Ah, don't you wish your life could be as exciting as mine...hehe

1 comment:

K said...

haha beth.. ;) That stuff is sooo you. I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying it, girlie! Be blessed. *hug*