Is it ever really possible? I mean really, to be broken before Christ. Can we part with our sin? Can we say, "Christ, I am here. Take this body as yours and use it however you please." Can we deal with the consequences? Can we honestly and openly humble ourselves that much? Is it possible? If so, how do we obtain it? Yes, we can be broken....for a while I think. And then what, we decide that living like Christ is too hard, so we bottle up and face our problems by ourselves (which are created by whom? Ourselves!) and no longer accept the consequences of what we agreed to. Following Christ with our cross wasn't a one time, one deal decision. So how do we continuously allow ourselves to be broken? I'll let you know when I figure it out...
A broken rose
The stem a shatter
Pedals in pieces
Thorns a batter
Nothing perfect
Something so beautiful
Torn
For me
So can I become
A replica of that rose
For Christ for me
I'll do for Him
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment