Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Forced to think

I love being forced to think. Sitting in a room where people with various opinions and ideas shoot them out. Not often am I the one arguing about them, but listening and creating and establishing my own values and ideas in my head. The one that is being discussed currently is do we value the opposite sexes opinion/criticism more than our own sexes? In some cases, yes. But does our value of the opinion depend how hurt we can be by the comments? And if so, does that mean we value the opposite sex more because we are more often hurt by their comments?

These thoughts don't come while your sitting around a classroom or reading a textbook, but around the lunch table. Funny...I love it when I'm forced to think.

1 comment:

K said...

Wow. Deep post.. *thinks*
well, I am not sure whether I value the opinions/criticism of the opposite sex more or less - in some ways, I would value their opinions more because it is much easier to be able to get a girl to tell you what she is thinking/feeling. On the other hand, criticism would be different. Well, then again - maybe not. coming from girls and guys, it can hurt. But maybe from a guy its worse because girls are always trying to impress the "guy" because of many different factors in western society.
At any rate - I don't think I will continue to hang around someone or open up to them if they continually criticize or hurt me. And, I think the situation really depends on the guy/girl. :) It can vary, but that is because relationships are all different and vary across the board.