Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Craving a Lolipop

You know those days...where they start of really good...get kind bad, get good again and then just end with a sigh (the "oh I wish something cool could have happened to over-rule the bad" kind of sigh, not the "oh life is so carefree I think I'll have a lolipop" kind of sigh...believe me, I have wished for the latter ;)). Well, can you guess what my day was like? Not bad mind you...just the kind where you wish you could go to sleep smiling slightly at the events of the day. Well, ok, so kayaking was amazing...just a little cold in the wind and the rain. I'm pretty sure all of Montana drove past and laughed at us all in our wool socks and fleece in the river (heavy, but insulating! Who knew that wool socks are the key component to any Candian girls wardrobe?! See...things like this should be in re-entry seminars.) The meals were good...nothing bad to be said about no-bake (which I'm pretty sure we will all be bailed out for tomorrow since the entire stack of....50 cookies were gone in a matter of seconds. Hey, at least I won't be the only bloated one tomorrow!) And the company was enjoyable (well, at least laughing at people tip over in a kayak is enjoyable), so overall, I suppose it wasn't all bad of a day. Little wet, little cold (I do believe I said more than once "this is the closest to hypotermia I've ever been"), little windy..but hey. Since when does weather make our moods...
So over-rule what I said above....
Maybe I'm just craving a lolipop.

1 comment:

Lisa Ens said...

Hehe, I had to read this to Daniel cause I was giggling the whole time I read it. ;) You're such a good writer! (And I hope you got your lollipop). =)