We are now down at
Camp Bighorn in (or rather...around) Plains, Montana. And the least I can say is that it has been a gorgeous, fun, encouraging, challenging, learning, funny and yet serious experience. And we have only been here 2 days! Hookey Fritz I have learned so much in these past couple days and have heard stories that impact me/us in such a way that you see 35 guys sitting speechless (so much harder to do before a meal ;)). We spend most of the day outside, sitting in the sun and listening to Tom (founder of the camp) teach us about leadership in so many ways and forms. But not only do we get to listen, but we have been through activites that show our strengths, our weaknesses, our teambuilding skills and our lack of. For example, today we did the human stepladder, where two people hold a rod and then people step over them one by one (a long line). It was incredibly fun but also taught us about safety and teamwork. In a way, I was expecting this, and in a way I wasn't. I think I was longing for the adventure, but not expecting to have so much encouragement and support behind me (oh me of little faith :P). But, I should stop bragging about how amazing and cool this program is, and just go to bed (ok, so a downside of Explore is the 7:30 breakfasts ;)).
Here are some pictures, and before I head out, I might not post a whole lot, because starting Tuesday, we are off on a 5 day back-packing trip! Beat that! :D


1 comment:
Beth - it's gorgeous!!! (And so are you <3 )
I'm glad you're having a great time and I don't think I can beat a 5 day backpacking trip - enjoy it immensely for me! :D
Love you,
Izzy
Post a Comment