Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wisdom from a Travellers Diary

Although I would like to write a really nice blog post, with amazing insight and wisdom, my brain just doesn't function like that after 10pm so I am putting this is bullet form. Bare with me those who only read here for inspiration ;P

  • My clock just randomly jumped an hour ahead. Now I'm not sure which time zone I'm in and whether it is 1030 or 1130.
  • I'm debating about which is the prettiest state to drive through, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania are topping my list- Wisconsin is closer to the top.
  • So far we have found 36 States and 5 Provinces (licences plates-a game we play on day long road trips)
  • I have now been to the 16th largest mall in the world (Mall of America)
  • The Nelsons are wicked awesome people
  • The Rowes are wicked awesome people
  • I got to see all these wicked awesome people this past week at the most wicked awesome couples wedding (except for Nelsons...saw them in MN- how did you think we got to Mall of America?!)
  • Seats the don't sit up straight really hurt your back over time
  • Winnipeg is a lot colder than St. Kits
  • Violence isn't the answer, but a stern glare normally does the job (practise makes perfect eh!)
  • Each state has a different level of bathroom coolness....Ohio-you rank first!
  • North Dakota has a sad lack of bathrooms (and water pressure).
  • Never take AC for granted
  • If you ever want a laugh, watch Simon mess up while playing air guitar and say out-loud "Opps, I messed up" and start over.
  • Learn how to sleep on any surface/any position...it really is a useful skill.
  • Prairie sunsets are awesome.
  • If you are ever bored in the car...pray. What better place to talk to God when you are seeing a variety of His creation and His people (no matter how weird they might sound....and then blog about it!)

1 comment:

K said...

cheaa ohio has the coolest bathrooms. U_U I could have told you that! :O

XDD jk jk

sunsets on the prairies sound wonderful...