Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Honestly...

How much freedom do we have in Christ?
Just today, I've been having an incredibly hard day that just, well, to put it in short, required an incredible amount of trust and process. (Basically, I have to get about $1000 in the next week to be able to pay off this semester and possibly come back next semester....)
But because I felt as if telling God that I felt like I was being played with (tossed around in a game, seeing how much I can handle) would be unChristian, I attempted to justify my anger with "His Will"
But then tonight, after hearing some people talk...all of a sudden it became apparent that it really is ok to be mad at God. Like, He already knows what you are thinking, so why do we try and mask it, and tell Him that what is happening is ok, and well, I'll just along with it cause it is "Your Will". Was not God happy about Job's honesty about his situation, was not Moses brutally honest with God?
I'm not saying God gives us reason to be mad at Him, but I don't think that by always appearing to be OK with what is happening in our lives is actually being genuine in our relationship with Him. Does He not want to know everything about us, even what is bothering us about Him?
I discovered the freedom of being honest with God tonight....

No comments: