Friday, March 7, 2008

Sweat Pores-To use, or not to use?

I think if I were to die today and had to sum up my life in one sentence...the only one that would come to mind at that crucial time is "It's hot."
Yes hot season has arrived, a little earlier than expected and wanted. At the moment it is almost 2pm, 36 degreesC inside and 39 degrees C outside in the shade. The bigger question is, why don't I have the fan on? Laziness is mandatory in this weather...I think it saves the heart.
One downside to this season is that "our" pool, is no longer our own. During harmattan use crazy Canadians are about the only ones who will brave the "close-to-ice" water (by the way, if hail is possible in Africa [which it is] then I also believe that ice stating is possible. I'm just waiting for it to happen). Thus when hot season kicks in, and another person dares to enter in our pool (fyi, it's the Kara Hotel pool) we naturally feel offended. You can imagine how welcome outsiders feel when you have the entire Friesen clan glaring at them from outside of the pool, it's quite the event. ;)
Besides being a week behind in school, my social life dropping in and out with the internet, having a girls trip to Lome (pre-dorm experience with post-dorm people) and debating the worthwhileness of my sweat pores, nothing has been happening. Now, if you were to die and had to say one thing before you died, what would it be? :P

No comments: