This afternoon I was sitting on the Miller's porch holding little AnnaMarie on their swing, and a thought came to my mind. How often are we told that God holds us and supports us, but how little do we actually think of what would happen if He let go. If I had let go of her, her legs would have crumbled and she would have toppled to the ground resulting in injury.
God holds us like a child that cannot yet use their legs to support themselves. If He were to let go, we would crumble. How can we even imagine what it's like not to be held until we've fallen? How often do we try and run away by ourselves and never realize how foolish we look?! A child learns to walk eventually, but as children of God I don't think He ever let's go of us, no matter how strong we are. We are never called "Adults of God" in the Bible, always children. Children are much more willing to be held, because they know they cannot make it by themselves. Our society is so much about independence that we have forgotten what it's like to be dependant and love it.
Let me rest in Your arms, loving the support and not fighting against the strength that You supply. I want to be held.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amen and amen.
Post a Comment