I'm sleeping peacefully this morning, enjoying the cold and warmth of my quilt, when 2 very sweaty men walk into my room with very big smiles. Now I don't mind the smiles part at 7:30am but the sweaty made me suspicious.
"How's your school going?" Dad asks, making me even more suspicious (odd thing to ask when you walk into a sleeping person's room don't you think?)
*mumble, grumble* "Fine, I guess..." I reply
"Good enough to take a field trip?"
*Beth sits up*
Dad continues (btw, the other male is simon, still standing and sweating in my room) "We found out this morning from Matt that the Saracowa game park is open to the public today for free!"
Me: "oh!"
Dad: "So get up!"
Haha so everyone was hyper this morning, to say the least. Showers occurred faster than they probably should have (I figure, 1 hours of basketball for every 5 minutes in the shower :P). So off we go at 8:30, whole family with the teacher, Chris and Abby (I think we might just adopt her....we'll just kick mike out of his room and she can have lisa's old room. Ya, that's what we'll do. lol) and make our way to where we here this gamepark is at. After some directions, turning around, feeling like caged animals at a zoo and washboardy roads we arrive at a closed gate. Minor inconviences, someone inside runs to open it. 10 Minutes, $??'s later (found out, it was not free lol) and a whole bunch of people on our roof and we're off. Ok, so they don't have lions or elephants or hyena's, but alas we cannot all be like Penjari (apparently they are getting elephants in the next couple of weeks, mum will be going back ;P). But they DID have zebra's which was a first for all of us except Chris (pfffhhh to anyone who says Kenya is better than Togo! Sure they may have more exotic animals, but here you don't have to have the hassle of ever meeting another person in the entire park!). It was an exciting trip and was a very cool morning, but we all came back tired (demonstrated by Simon. He would be good in one of those cold commercials ya know, where you are in bed and groan and flip over. Acting with talent right there!). But school calls, I have a 10 page paper to write today and tomorrow, plus a final and studying for my last diploma exam :) But nothing gives me a boost like zebras :P
P.s. I got to name the two turtles that were in a building! I asked if they had names and the guide said no, so I said "ok, that one is Betty (in honour of myself, of course)" and the other one we named "Amour" (go look it up you non-French people) :D I shall become famous
P.s.s. We were on top of the car, not in it.
P.p.s.s (which comes more, the p's or s's?) Can you find the animals in the picture of the road?




3 comments:
Pfffft...of course Kenya is better U_U you can see Zebra's on the ROAD in Kenya! You don't even need to pay!
haha XD
'Tis cool about the game park, though :) Maybe we should all go sometime during spring break :P
-Ky
Wow, that sounds cool Beth!
Hey, why was Chris up in Kara??
Love you,
Izzy
I heck can see the animals on the road! But then again, I've had a bit of practice. ;) I'm so jealous! Maybe I'll have to make another trip out there sometime in the next 95 days and you can take me. ;)
Post a Comment