Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Preparing for the Wedding

For you ladies, as you prepare for the ultimate wedding :)

 

As I look into the mirror

A flawed face presents itself,

My Bridegroom won't be satisfied

I reason as I pout.

I stop and turn and look about

and laugh away my fears,

I had been looking at the wrong mirror

now turning to that which is clear.

There before me stands an ugly sight

A muffled dress, a tare.

I shudder at my beastly look

and then approach with care.

Some lipstick for these lying lips

Some blush to hide those sins,

Mascara for those unfaithful eyes

Fix the wild streak with hair pins

Straighten the dress, bat out disobedience

Shine the shoes of the past

Polish for my worries nails.

As I look at myself at last

No, not perfect. Will never be!

As I gaze as my wedding ring

It is my character, my Bridegroom wants

            I'm here, change me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it a lot. It shows how things are a lot of the time and even though I am not a person who uses makeup I can identify w/covering things up.
I especially like the last four lines, it is very true.