Monday, May 7, 2007
Parade, Termites and Conotou
Well it has been an interesting week. One day I got to watch an African parade, another day I was super grumpy (and emotional-times like this the whole world is glad I don’t have a boyfriend!), and another day I had some termites attack my closet and I also found out that I get to go to Cotonou for my birthday! For those of you who don’t know, Cotonou is in Benin (country over) and houses some of my friends. We went in October and I had a blast, and since I was getting quite tired of being around “older folks” mum and dad surprised me by telling me that we were going. This, of course, means that I have to get an extra 4 days ahead. We’re not sure if we’re going this week or in two weeks (just found out that we’re going the 24th…got that Bri? :P) because we don’t know if the guesthouse has housing. As far as the termites, they ate several things, like a wooden hair brush, some picture frames, a book or two and several other little things. I have learned not to put any valuable things in the cupboard as that is the…4th time, which termites have gotten in there, and I check every two weeks! Man their fast little guys. And it’s funny how when you see them all over your closet, you automatically feel like they are crawling all over you…actually I’m just waiting for them to eat my waterbed frame. I’ll let you know when that happens
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Beth, the Rowes and Thars can't get online from their house any more; they have to walk over to the internet cafe to get online - You might want to email Bri that date. Chris doesn't think think he checks your blog anyway, and since they have to go to the internet cafe, I doubt even more that Bri will check it in the near future. but ya, anyway, have fun in Cotonou! :D that sounds fun, wish we could go, too :)
Lovely, have fun with the termites, and say hi to them for me, ok? :P I hope they don't attack your waterbed frame!
good luck with your schoolwork!
~Ky
Post a Comment