“Blazing Dawn” What an un-supposing title. If you had asked me multiple years past why I chose such name, I probably would have quoted back Isaiah 62:1 to you, but only today have I come to understand (or at least have begun the process of understanding) how this name, this phrase, this passage is really about my life.
I am a woman. Created by the very hands of God and crafted, not just in the secrecy of my mother’s womb, but formed today. Do you realize that your cells of your current body would not stay held together as they are now unless the God of the Universe wished it to be so? I wasn’t created, past tense, I am still being created. The vessel of this life is so very different from man’s, it’s delicate, sensitive. True, it is only a vessel, but there must be something to it because the Author did make us different. I have wounds. Despite my denial of them, my re-naming of them or my temporary overcoming of them, I still have wounds; and they are still healing. I wish, no I crave to be found captivating. Yes, in the earthly bodily sense of the word, but so much more in mind, spirit, heart. I want other’s to know me, and not run. To know my fears and still say, “Wow, Praise God for His creation, because He said ‘It. Is. Good.’” I am a woman. And because of this I have a spirit of beauty. But Satan crawls out and worms his way into our deepest thoughts and says, ‘That isn’t beauty. This is what beauty is and you don’t fit there, therefore, you aren’t beautiful.’ What a lie! My dears, if we weren’t created beautiful then why would Almighty God say "’It is good”? If He thinks we are worth knowing, then why don’t we believe Him?
Have you ever looked into someone’s eyes? They don’t change. If you look back at pictures of a person 20 years ago, whether 2 years old or 30, their eye’s will still be the same. I think, just maybe, that’s what beauty is. It’s not something that can be changed with time, just noticed by the perceiver. How are we perceiving beauty? Specifically feminine beauty. If we are honest with ourselves, we change and attempt to perfect our body because we want to be noticed in order to be known deeper than what it on the surface. Our bodies are merely tools. My Dad (Abba) has created me to be captivating. To draw others in with the characteristics that He has given to me specifically. He is creating me in this way, but how I respond and use them, I suppose that’s where free will comes in. Oh how sad it makes me when I notice how much He is blessing me and I fail to bless others. And in that a decision has to be made to repent and repeat, or to dwell on the failure and refuse to continue on. Does God grieve for us like Hosea grieved for his wife? “When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son. The more they were called, the more they went away.” Hosea 11:1
The acceptance of my wounds is far greater than you may know. But listen to the following, and see how He heals.
“For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent, for Jerusalem’s sake I will not remain quiet, till her righteousness shines out like the dawn, her salvation like a blazing torch [beauty for His Glory]. The nations will see your righteousness, and all the kings your glory; you will be called by a name name that the mouth of the Lord will bestow [only known by your Creator- that personal] . You will be a crown of splendour in the Lord’s hand [the crown of creation], a royal diadem in the hand of your God. No longer will they called you Deserted [you will never be abandoned], or name your land Desolate. But you will be called My Delight Is in Her, and your land Married; for the Lord delights in you [there is nothing we can do to earn this, it is offered]. For as a young man marries and young woman, so shall your sons marry you, and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you.” Isaiah 62:1-5 (emphasis added)
No comments:
Post a Comment