Today I spent the day in a florencent lit cabin. We pulled the mattresses from the beds so those of us sitting on the floor would have something to lean against. Three on one bed, two on another and two on the floor. We formed a triangle and most shifted regularly to get comfortable with thier blankets, pillows and booklets.
I took a deep breath and dove into the material. I, a confident in appearence yet incredibly nervous 20 year old was helping facilitate six young women through the steps to freedom. Thought raged in my head, what if they don't open up? What if I push them too far? Should I be confessing myself, or is that irresponsible of an intern? These ladies have never spent time together as a whole, only hanging out of their own accord. What if I say something wrong and they don't feel like they can be honest at all? Facilitation is scary. Essentially one is agreeing to lead someone else through a process, to reach an end goal that hopefully both see as beneficial. There are a lot of risks.
But prayer. Oh so powerful. I could feel them in the room as each women took the risk and began the steps to freedom. "Lord Jesus, I confess..." and secret's spilled, hushed voices became confident as they reclaimed their freedom in the King of the Universe. Tears were shed and eyes understood. It was no longer about appearence, about masks or misunderstandings. We were women. Flawed and weak. But beautiful. Confessing to one another and seeking the forgiveness of Christ between gasps and pauses.
If I felt proud, not at all of my own facilitation but of these women who were daring enough to expose their souls, I can't imagine how joyful Abba was at the revelation of such screwed up beauty.
Please continue to pray as I now have to decide and act on the information that has been shared. Pray that healing will reign and tranformation begin.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment