Questions are plagueing my thoughts. Shall I be content not pleasing people? Where does critisim become tearing down a brother or sister in Christ? Is it wrong to feel hurt when failing according to another's standards? Can I truely view myself in Christ's image, when I feel inadequate compared to others view of me?
Perspective reversal. I must do a 180. If have given my best, all I am able to give, and done it with the intention of praising God, I can do no more. My work is sucsessful if it glorify's Him, not if it is perfect according to another.
People pleaser? People downer. Lord help me.
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Excessive expectations include my own as well. Sometimes that seems hardest to remember.
I think I'm going to write down your last two sentences and put them up on my wall.
Thanks Beth =)
~Izzy
Post a Comment