Who would think that a leadership program would teach me most how to serve? This last week it has been a huge issue on my heart, not learning how to lead, but learning how to follow. By personality and nature I am a leader, so taking up that load is no problem, but when I am asked or required to step down, now there I have a lot to learn.
I'm learning, slowly but surely, that it is not only the servant action that makes it ministry, but also the heart. How often do we do an action because, well either it gets us noticed, or we feel like we have a duty. But is that really ministry? Is it our intention that matters, our attitude while we're doing it, or the respect/admiration that comes as a consequence?
Yes I thought this outdoor leadership program would teach me how to lead effectively, and it has...but now it is teaching me how to serve.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment