Sunday, January 25, 2009

Insights

I have been wanting to write a post so much, pretty much every day. But then I never get around to it, and can't seem to formulate any thought and meaning into what I really want to say, so I'll just give you a list of things that have been occupying my mind recently (some direct quotes from Tom Collins' class)...maybe it'll get longer as I go along (or maybe whatever you guys comment on, I'll expand on ;)).

  • Invited with a Purpose - God not only invites us into a relationship with Him, but He does so with an intended purpose in mind
  • Should Christians in this society be on the offence, or defence? Which are we called too?
  • Every moment of every day has significance...what are you doing?
  • To do something and be unintentionally wrong is better than doing nothing at all.
  • We were created to have a direct line from the head, to the heart.
  • The closer you are to your truth base, the less likely you are to fall
  • The best adventurers are the ones with a home, otherwise they are simply drifting.
  • Why did Christians choose the cross as their symbol? Why not the tomb stone, or the thorns on His head?
  • What am I ever going to do this summer?
  • Singleness is amazing
  • Do dreams and passions play into the present? Or are they merely hopes for the future?
  • Does our love for humanity increase the more we learn about personal sin? Or does it decrease?
  • Community, is amazing.
Thoughts? Ideas?

See...I'm learning how to use this thing cause knowledge ;)

1 comment:

K said...

The offense. u_u def. :D

and, honestly - why don't we choose the tombstone? I mean really, if Jesus hadn't come back to life.. The cross wouldn't be so awesome, would it? ;) God is awesome. ^_^

yes, dreams and passions do play into the present because they effect the way you relate and plan with other people. So even if they don't come into full fruition in the future, they still effect the present. :)

Love for humanity... eh, it probably deceases the more we learn about sin - but actually, the more we become like Jesus, it increases. Because we learn to love like Jesus, and we aren't loving from ourselves, but loving from Jesus. :P if that makes sense.. ;)

goodnight.