Wednesday, April 23, 2008

"Storm" is an understatement

Typhoon is probably closer. I count it as a blessing, being able to see a final storm that strong, though for many it is a curse. Yesterday afternoon it went from sun to storm within 10 minutes. Hot sun beating down to typhoon within seconds (and the clouds weren't big either).
Check it out :)



And the video only catches a glimpse of what it was really like. We had a tree break in half (one of the smaller mango trees across the soccer field) and about 200 mangoes fall to the ground (we only picked up about 1/3 of them), about 10 bats (which were eagerly picked up for food :P)...oh, and lots of mud. ;) The wind only kept up for about 20 minutes or so and then the storm left as quickly as it had come. I was in awe. I truly love wind, even when it can cause so much danger, I find it exhilarating (now why haven't I ever considered tornado chasing? no worries mum, it'll only be a hobby...). It moved through again later that night (I was in bed and the wind was so strong through my windows, it tangled the shells hanging in my doorway).
Please pray for the people who were either hurt, or had damage to their homes because of this mighty storm. I heard a rumour that 4 students were hurt from a roof that flew off, trees were down on lines, towers fell on homes and phone "cabins" were laying on the ground. How can we even imagine the power of our God when our minds are awed by the simple power of His creation.




(tree broken by the wind)

2 comments:

Lisa Ens said...

*sigh* I miss storms like that... But I get to see you in 25 days!!!!!!!!!!! =D

L.Bo Marie said...

I love those storms.... I don't love what they do (ie the damage and hurt) but man oh man... I love those storms!