Sunday, April 20, 2008

"Home"

Please forgive me for my unforgivable sin of "nonblogging". Though normally I would say it's because I've been so busy, it's not really because of that. Although we ARE busy packing, I myself am not incredibly busy. Since I have finished school and mum and dad are now doing 90% of the packing, I find myself either on the computer or wandering trying to find something to do most of the time. If you guys know me, you'll know that I hate the feeling of waking up and going to bed without accomplishing anything "concrete". Eight days is all that remains of our time in Kara, and then two days in Accra before flying out. The house is empty (though I'm almost getting used to the feeling) and our boxes are slowly getting packed (we get 18 bags in all, though we're not sure if we'll use that many). This next week holds....nothing, at least for me ;) Though I'm sure it will be filled as time goes on. Pray for us please on this final stretch. All of us are anxious to get "home", yet dreading leaving..."home". It is all very relative, isn't it?

4 comments:

Lisa Ens said...

I understand the feeling. But at the same time I can't wait for you to get here!!! =D

L.Bo Marie said...

go and take one million pictures... of things you've never bothered to photo before... the little things.. like the "round about" barrel or... your fav. waitress at Morroc's or... the best mango tree... don't forget pictures of walls, of buildings, of corners that you never want to forget. the goat path on the corner... all those little things that you'll miss the most in just a few weeks..... and that fade way too quickly from your mind.
the monkey at the chop bar (the blue one) down the street hanging from his chain.
a calabash sitting on a post in front of someone's house... a garbage pail filled with chook! OH!!! get someone to take you to drink some chook! (don't tell your parents I just said that!)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
L.Bo Marie said...

ha ha, you got spammed.