Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Independence Trip....

So we're back. And I know all of you do not want to read a whole huge long boring description of our trip, so I will give a summery (and for those of you who did not know, Brian and I went to Ouagadougou [Burkina Faso] for a softball tournament, kind of like a senior trip). First time ever crossing international borders alone for both Brian and I, but it went fine. And I have to say that I made it through a lot better knowing that mum and dad supported me and weren't freaking out, even when I thought I was! Highlights of the trip?

~Spending all day lounging by the pool and watching others work/play in the hot sun. Oh, did I mention that we got pizza and coke to go with that lounging? Being independent is tough ;)
~Bowling...night clubs are pretty empty during the day ;)
~Tan (mass freckle infestation)
~Staying at the Harrisons...amazing food, company and hospitality (many many thanks :D)
~Realizing that being independent is not really all that fun. I can last until September under my parents roof, no problem. That and no one is as witty as my brothers, which is a must in my life.

But, if you have a free house, free food, witty conversation and supplied money, my independence can be swayed ;)

3 comments:

Lisa Ens said...

Hehe, that's not independence!!! ;) I'm glad you had fun and are home safely. Can't wait to see you!!! =)

L.Bo Marie said...

lol, as always, if you (or any of your sibs are in the area, you can have that independance with me... well, maybe not the money part, but I'll feed you and all that other good stuff!

L.Bo Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.