As this self-proclaimed "Day of Love" approaches, I find myself once again pondering the terms and conditions of singleness. When I received my purity ring 4 years ago, it was like clicking "accept" on a a privacy policy. With that ring I agreed to all conditions that comes with purity. I have no regrets about confining myself to these conditions and responsibilities. Purity and singleness are gifts, not curses like the world leads us to believe. Oh how I feel for those young men and women who feel like they must be "involved" in order to find any type of worth. Valentines Day has been perverted to represent a day where lovers can dwell on each other, and those who are single must sit alone and eat chocolate(which does not sound all that bad to me ;p). What ever happened to other types of love? Since when did the only type of love that matters is romantic love? In what era did the symbol of the heart begin to bring warm fuzzies instead of comforting secure love?
I have no regrets of being single. I have no regrets of having a family that loves me with more love than I'll ever deserve. I have no regrets of choosing the One who created Love.
There should be a privacy policy on hearts. Keep yours private, keep it yours. Don't let it be passed around like spam. There are conditions, there might be loneliness, there is responsibility, but there is love.
Privacy Policy
With these conditions I promise to keep my heart pure, full of love and joy, committed to doing well and following after my True Valentine. I will not dwell on man and his actions, but on the One who chose to give me life and love. I will not resent those who decide to love me, but fully embrace them with brotherly love and compassion. And until the Grand Author of this heart decides that I am ready for a mate, I will continue to love like Jesus. Keep that which was given to me prepared for a higher calling in Love.
Click Accept to continue....
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow hun, like I've said before, you're an amazing writer. Thanks for sharing that!!! I wish more girls your age were able to choose the path that you've chosen, and to be content with where God has them. I love you and am so incredibly proud of you and the mature, beautiful woman you've become!
Thanks for sharing this Beth, It's great having you at our school!
Post a Comment