
Its been a long day. School then lunch, went to the orphanage, roller bladed and am now doing school. Its ok though. I am starting Organic Chemistry. Ah. *screams* ....its not that bad, once I UNDERSTAND IT, which seems to be a bit of dilema right now. anyways, at the orphanage I am starting a Christmas play. Trying to make it up on the spot but I realized that i need to write it up a little. Lol, its hard to show 30 kids what to do all at one time. But they are really warming up to me, which I love. aka, they all run towards me yelling "BBEEETTTYYY" (they call me that cause of Lin, she calls me Bethie, so they were like "oh, he name is Betty!" haha and grab my hands and pull me. so its cool. oh yeah, one of things I did today was I had like a spelling drill and then I was like spell "Bethany" and I got "Bathyne", "Behene" "Behyn" lol...it was terrible! but the person who got it right got a bon bon..and then I did our last name that was even funnier! I told them that it was "Friesen" and they wrote "Fryson" "freesaon" "frysan" (to name a few) HAHA..finally I was like its F _ _ _ _ _ _....and there are NO Y's or A's!...and they are like "O"s? haha..nope. finally someone got it! ;) but it was kinda funny. Its nice going to the orphanage cause you get to see the nicer older guys. Like ya know in the orphanage they always are whistling and touching and everything, well these guys are the same age but really polite. Like when I came in two guys (probably 18 or so, one of them is at least 6 foot! its weird for an African! I don't feel like I can boss him around! haha) were I guess you could call it hulling these...plants! lol, kind of like big green strawberries (the shape). oh, I dunno what they were, but they shook my hand and explained it to me. It was really nice! haha and then I tell the little kids that we are going to play Bingo and this kids called KOKO runs (we were outside under a tree) and gets me a chair! oh, you just wanna take them all home! haha, think I love them? of course, there are the adolescent girls that I absolutely "dislike" but I have learned how to glare very well! lol...
what else, nothing else really. Tennis tomorrow. Mum and Simon and mike are heading down to Lome on Monday to see the dentist. And Jean is still doing his working thing, so he can't cook for us next week. :(...which is a real bummer cause that means that Ty and I have to do the dishes and my eczema is starting to act up again (cracking under the nails). ok,I should still get some work done before supper.
what else, nothing else really. Tennis tomorrow. Mum and Simon and mike are heading down to Lome on Monday to see the dentist. And Jean is still doing his working thing, so he can't cook for us next week. :(...which is a real bummer cause that means that Ty and I have to do the dishes and my eczema is starting to act up again (cracking under the nails). ok,I should still get some work done before supper.
Love you all!
Beth
4 comments:
yeah! welcome to the world of blogs!
I'm so excited that you'll be sharing your story with everyone :)
love you!
Nice blog, Beth! :D
hey, can I visit the orphanage with you when we come up?
Kiwi
cute colors!!! nice blog... check out my latest entry on mine. ;]
i was like what is with the title? then i was like ohhhhhhh they cant say her naaaame! rofl :P
Post a Comment