The lack of posts is no indication of what is actually going on in my head, but more of forgetting to let you all know what I'm thinking. So, I will share with you my latest thought.
Are we all 'called' (I define the term 'called' as Divinely Desiring) to one specific thing in life? And should we persue this one thing? Or are only some of us called to one specific thing (this does not include gloryifying God, but a task). This was inspired by Simeon in Luke 2:25-26. If one does not have this said 'task' revealed to them, is it because they were not looking/asking, or because not everyone has it revealed to them?
Just wondering, feel free to leave your thoughts.
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hmm. very thought provoking.
Let me know what you think about this:
What we are called to do it be examples of love. To look after orphans and widows and be a reflection of the love of Jesus. I believe that is everyone's "task" (James 1:27), and I don't believe that we are only meant to do one specific thing in life. Perhaps what we view as our calling is a mixture of our own choices and life experiences. We gain a passion for different things because of the experiences we have in life and the talents we are born with. Maybe we have 100 different roads in life that we can choose to take. Because God is all-knowing, He can see the ins and outs of every decision that we would or could ever possibly make. It's in our free will to choose which road in life we want to take, and normally we choose a direction in life that follows a passion. As long as we keep in mind our "task" and follow the passion in our heart, we are fulfilling God's calling on our life. (Col. 3:23) I don't think anyone needs to worry about looking for their calling or tasks or be concerned because it hasn't been revealed to them. Our lives will continue unfolding and the different choices, decisions, and circumstances we come across will slowly create a "big picture" for our lives.
This is all very scattered thinking so I apologize if it didn't make sense.
Post a Comment