Hey all, sorry for not writing for so long, loads been going on and ironically it all happened during my "self-dubbed-no-computer-week". I'm doing this Brio-30-Day-Challenge and one of the things was to stop computer things for a week, which I just finished and I have just started my no TV week. It was hard but enjoyable none the less. We are also in Cotonou right now, the largest lagoon in West Africa, at least according to my definition. There were some problems with some people who were supposed to fly out (strike at an airport) so we kind of had a rush in trying to find a place to stay (along with the Nelsons). We eventually found a place to stay and we managed to get down here all find and dandy. haha, the funny part is that the guest house was...um...back a ways, and through many meter deeps puddles. No kidding. The water was about to come into the doors and it wasn't just water..it was muck. Green, slimy, thick..muck. I think you get the picture. But we made it through..once, twice...three times...actually contrary to belief that our old car isn't that good, old Landy made it through every time!
anywho...just short news updates-Ty twisted his ankle. It hurt pretty bad the first day (I'm assuming, I've never sprained my ankle by jumping on a log, so I wouldn't KNOW...) but he's doing fine now. And Snickers had to have an operation cause she had some big blood pocket type thing in here ear. Wow, this post is really gross, sorry people. Sooo we are down in Cotonou until the 8th and then back up to Kara for a week and then down to Lome to pick up the team! w00t! We are sooo excited about the team...soo, I now have to go to the bathroom. I have my own bathroom at this guesthouse...5 boys in one room and I have my own! mwahaha...
Friday, June 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so glad you guys found a place to stay!!! I'd been praying about it. Hey, guess what. 20 MORE DAYS!!!!!! It's so close it's almost hard to believe that it's actually going to happen. so, So, SO excited!!!! =D
Hey Beth!!
haha, Cotonue sounds awesome right now! lol, that's so cool that you get to be there with the Nelson's and Rowes! :D Have a BLAST!!!! We'll get to join you soon! Just under 3 weeks! :D SO excited!
Hey, tell Tyler I really, really, want him to be better by Retreat!
Sounds like you and the Nelsons are bunking together - that should be cool :D
Miss you and can't wait to see you!
~Izzy
phew! I was praying hard for you guys, glad it all worked out..
Izzy???? Izzy???? is that you Izzy???
aww, I miss all you bible study girls!!!
yup, it's me, Izzy :)
Post a Comment