A context not understood. How do we relate- in a place we’ve never been. This relationship’s full of mystery, a fresh new land. It’s like you and me in a garden, full of adventure- both on either end. We’re staring at each other, constructing foundations intentionally. You take me by the hand and walking, lead me to a tree. “We’ll call this one ‘respect’.” You explain as I run my fingers through leaves. Its branches are barely saplings, a sign of blossoming and growth. We both smile and nod in appreciation, glad of the understanding in which it was clothed.
He takes off running, glancing back while sprinting in the direction of the meadows. Left alone, unsure, I gaze around to see what’s below. A large rock, I see, established on the basis of faith and trust. Sitting I squirm, attempting to find the way I fit and finally come to rest.
On his way back I notice him grasping flowers as he runs through the grasslands. He slows as he approaches the rock and sits to the patting of my hand. “Love, peace and joy,” Were the words as he passed me the flowers, they shined as if by command. “May our days be long and good,” I replied now taking a stand. Bending low I pick up the rocks of ‘purity’, ‘prayer’ and ‘honesty’- and place them on the rock. Symbols of our virtue- to look upon as we walk.
As we step back side by side we admire the scene in progress. But one last thing I haven’t mentioned was the stream, flowing through our process. For where the tree found water, the rocks stability, and the meadows sustenance- was the same place which the two individuals sought their tranquility. The River of Life, so strong and so free, that was flowing through the land we called a mystery. Without it respect would be futile, trust and faith would fail to remain and the flowers of happiness would wither and fade. Rocks of virtue would fall, foundations disclaimed and the two whom drew near to it would never be the same.
So draw us near- to this place we call adventure. And bring us to our knees as we approach this life together. As we follow the river, whom You deemed the Word of Life, and attempt to follow righteously in happiness and strife. For you know the future, and what this garden holds, but we pray you’ll keep us close to You, here in your strongholds.
Friday, September 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
beautiful analogy
Post a Comment