Sometimes I feel the need to write. Sometimes I feel the desire to write. And sometimes I feel guilty about not letting all of you know what is happening in my life.
I guess it is about time that I break the news to all of you about what I am doing this next year. Not an easy decision and yes I am sticking too it (the two things I have to say most often when explaining why I am not coming back to Explore). I will be tutoring two kids in a family in Asia for a school year, starting late August/early September until June'ish. Until then, summer plans are sceptical, praying and waiting and trying to decide what would be the most wise, not necessarily the most fun.
Since specialization ended (4 day backpacking trip in which 15 of us summited a 7300ft mountain, pretty cool for winter) we have had a practicum (we lead campers for a weekend, possibly one of the best experiences of my life), a spiritual warfare class, some down-time and another boy scout practicum. This next week includes a conflict management class, our solo (we are sent out for 24 hours, I think, to survive and think by ourselves), and the beginning of our peak adventure week (in which we have 4 options to where we could go to do ministry. Example: building a house, working with inner city kids, helping out at a youth group or doing an intense 4 day backpacking trip. I'm pretty set on one thing, but either way, it should be a great experience.
I have been learning so much recently, it would be hard to go into detail. We'll just say that God has been humbling me, teaching me, encouraging me, guiding me and probably laughing at me when I try and do things my way and fail miserably! I am so incredibly thankful to be surrounded by a family that cares (both biological and Explore) and is willing to listen and help me along in my journey. Let me put it this way, if you are in any way considering coming to Explore, stop thinking about it and DO it. One of the best decisions of my life.
In any case, I should get to bed. Even though tomorrow is a "debrief" day, I still need to be up for breakfast at 730...most important meal of the day you know ;) Ok, so I get up cause Bighorn has incredible food. Good night friends :)
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beth, that is SO awesome!
it'll change your life, it'll be scary, but it's so worth it!
Post a Comment