Thursday, November 13, 2008

All Female Society?.......Naw.

Some struggle with depression. Some struggle with keeping control of their anger. Some struggle with self-esteem. 99.99% of girls struggle with boys ;) So let me dedicate this post to those of the other sex, may this be beneficial in our life goal of confusing you even more about us, females.

This has been something I've struggled my whole life - at what point do us girls do something about guys, or do we wait our whole lives for them to do something?

I'm reading Boy Meets Girl, and to be honest it's good for me because it is a gentle reminder that God has my life in control. Sure, I dream about my future spouse. I think every girl does. I wonder if he will ever show. I wonder if I have already met him. I wonder if it is my responsibility to do something, or wait? I wish I could run out to all the young girls in this world and tell them that there is a Prince Charming (or Peter Pan, I always wanted a Peter Pan...much more daring and not so much a pansy; sorry all you Cinderella's, you can have them!), but honestly I have trouble believing it myself. We are willing to give Christ all of our worries, yet we think that we need to chase after the guys because, hey, if it is God's Will, then I will make it happen just a little faster! No wonder the feminist movement happened, it's all because of impatience!

And then there is the question of, how to be a friend but not forward? Do we care what other people think? Was that a non-verbal clue? Or am I just reading into nothing? And if you are a girl who has never spent a night laying in bed staring at your ceiling contemplating these questions, I'll bake you a pie.

They say girls are confusing.... I think it's just the guys who make us that way...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true
~Izzy

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,
It's been awhile since I've been in touch. It's good to read some of your thoughts. Bryan chatted with your mom the other day on Skype. It was good to hear from her too! I checked out Lisa's wedding pics on facebook. Everyone looked so handsome and beautiful! I wish we could've been there to witness the event. Blessings to you!

Tracey