Saturday, March 17, 2007

BAH-FOOG-BE

Well, its been a while since I've posted, and several non-eternity affecting things have gone on. For example, our internet has now...how do I put this kindly, umm, betrayed us! We used to pay a set amount for the month and could therefore be on for as long as we wished. Now, we have to pay 1 dollar (with a aprox. 9 cent tax on every dollar) for every thirty minutes on! AHH, and I was just getting addicted to Facebook! anyways, suffering for the name of Christ right? Modern day suffering ;)
Other than that, my days have been filled with school and bafogby (BAH-FOOG-BEE). Our very own invention of Basketball-Football (American) and Rugby! It consisted of...however many players you want, roller blades, a football and many bruises. The point of the game is to get your ball, into the one goal. The rules, None. If any of you know the game, Steal the Bacon, its like that. Except on roller blades. Anywho, we all come into the house afterwards laughing and seeing who has the biggest bruise. Shall I ever mature? No, its not worth the effort! ;)
I am still awaiting another driving lesson. Despite peoples jealously of African stuff like safari and "cool adventures", you really do miss out on the normal part of life, that many of you take for granted. Example, I will not get my liences until I am 19. I have never been on a date, or even had a guy ask me out! It is advised that you don't wear make-up otherwise it will poor down your face with sweat, or make your face break out. The electricty is dependable! haha, all of this stuff I cannot do, or is not normal.
Yes, please pray for the electricty, as it has been out for around 6 hours every day and hot season decided that it is time to move in. Yuck. Thank goodness we have the generator, though pray for the other missionaries in town that don't have such luck, and really makes life miserable! I'm so glad we have a pool!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth,
Do you know why the internet price went up? That's sad. *grrr*
I think I'm a little scared to play bah-foog-be when we get back. :S lol, but I will, I'm sure :) I'd be more afraid of what would happen if I didn't play, lol!
~Izzy

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth,
Do you know why the internet price went up? That's sad. *grrr*
I think I'm a little scared to play bah-foog-be when we get back. :S lol, but I will, I'm sure :) I'd be more afraid of what would happen if I didn't play, lol!
~Izzy

Anonymous said...

A few Q's...

So what happens if you spend 29 minutes, 59 seconds online? You get charged $0? lol

Also, dating is kinda... Lame, it's really 99% waste of time, money and energy since normally it's only on that 100th time that you find the right person.

I'm sure it does have an appeal to some people, especially females, but imho it's quite worthless and substanceless.

Anyways will pray for electricty, that stuff is off the heezy! W00t! ;)

Peace

Anonymous said...

Hey beth, i know he told you about me.

Just wanted to say you do not need to worry about my untimely appearence in Africa, i have much more consuming interests i must take care of before i again go on some crazy folly just to search out one of Philly's many online friends.

Many of those i leave behind cry and complain when i leave, i do not know excatly what it is that i provide them, but they sure do beg for it.

Perhaps it's my perfect sense of realism and down to earthness that Philly's lost because of me, his fantasy worlds are endless, you should as him about them sometime. Just stay away from any one that you are in, those are normally too much for anyone to handle.

Before i go, i must say it's been fun chatting, whoes knows when i'll have some real free time...